Pitti Uomo and Florence are the key reference point of the world’s finest manufactures for their special projects and collections
Over the years, Pitti Uomo and Florence itself have become the key reference point that the world’s finest manufactures choose to present their new collections and special projects and to launch their global strategies at the start of the buying season. We have also received a greater number of requests to stage projects conceived specifically for the fair – events that draw the top buyers and international trade press.
Here are just some of the main new events and previews that will be presented at Pitti Uomo 85:
– Brunello Cucinelli is expanding its headquarters on the lower level of the Main Pavilion for the presentation of the complete collection of suits;
– Scotch & Soda has picked Pitti Uomo and the striking location of the Sala dell’Orologio to present the preview of the eclectic couture collection Atelier Scotch with a special project;
– WP Lavori in Corso will be presenting at Pitti Uomo the world preview of the new Baracuta Blue Label Collection designed, from the FW 14 season, by the English designer Jeff Griffin;
– the Dutch denim brand G-Star will present its denim selvedge and RAW Denim collection at the Teatrino Lorenese and will launch a new retail concept.
— Spiewak 1904, the historic U.S. outerwear brand will announce the global relaunch for the FW 2014 season and officially be presentingGolden Fleece Spiewak, a special capsule collection completely Made in USA;
– the European preview showing of the capsule collection by U.S. designer Todd Snyder, in cooperation with the sportswear colossal,Champion;
– The participation of Geospirit with a new area inside the Fortezza and the special event downtown Florence – during the days of Pitti Uomo – by Peuterey to celebrate its world and to present the brand new collection;
– Tonello will present the FW 2014-15 menswear collection of its jackets, a symbol of Made in Italy quality all over the world. On the occasion of Pitti Uomo 84 the brand will also launch the exclusive capsule collection T-jacket, with revisited shapes and palettes;
– Roy Roger’s, the historic brand, will be presenting its world and style in a new area in the Main Pavilion;
– Caruso will be at Pitti Uomo with the “Fabbrica Sartoriale Italiana” project, for a rendezvous with all those who admire men’s tailoring;
_ PRPS, the American luxury denim brand with an artisanal soul, will participate at Pitti Uomo for the first time ever, and it will launch its global lifestyle;
_ The return of Aquascutum, the historic British brand which will lead to Pitti Uomo his style luxury heritage and the quality of its product, with a special focus on its iconic outerwear garments;
_ The preview of the special capsule Pony X ACF, which seals the collaboration between the New York brand of sneakers with the art and creative collective Art Comes First.
And here some more of Editorial Groups’ special events:
MONDADORI AT PITTI UOMO 85
Always a key feature at Pitti Uomo, Mondadori will be at the January 2014 edition of the fair, with the Mondadori Appointment area – Piazzale della Ghiaia at the Fortezza da Basso. At Mondadori Appointment will be organized special meetings with the major players in men’s fashions and the editors of Panorama – directed by Giorgio Mulè – and Icon, the magazine directed by Emanuele Farneti, dedicated to fashion and lifestyle of contemporary man and involved in a internationalization program.
RCS MEDIAGROUP PRESENTS FIRENZE&FASHION Winter Garden
On January 7, from 6.30 pm to 9 pm, in the spaces of the Tepidarium del Roster, the Horticultural garden, RCS will be presenting an evening by invitation dedicated to the fashion world, its trends and evolution, with a series of video installations and web TV that will transmit the multiple keys of the fashion universe curated by the Group’s magazines: Corriere della Sera, Sette, Io Donna and Style, Dove, La Gazzetta dello Sport and Sport Week.
Event by intitation
THE MOST BEAUTIFUL RCLUB’S COVERS AT PITTI UOMO
During the 4 days of Pitti Uomo there will be an exhibition dedicated to the most beautiful Rclub’s covers. There will be 64 covers with people from the Italian and International music scene such as: Cesare Cremonini, Niccolò Fabi, Malika Ayane, Michael Bublé and Madonna.
Rclub – this year was published the issue no. 100 – is a section which is published every Saturday inside La Repubblica. Every week Rclub treats topics, ranging from technology to lifestyle passing through fashion and wellness.
GAZZALOOK LOUNGE, GIRO D’ITALIA FOR OXFAM PRESENTS THE OFFICIAL T-SHIRT OF GIRO D’ITALIA 2014
Also in this edition, La Gazzetta dello Sport will present the GazzaLook Lounge, an area in which the protagonists of the fashion scene can meet the world of Gazzetta, a multimedia publishing platform which can offer communication opportunities thanks to its readers who recognize themselves in the value of passion, not just mere sport. As in past editions the coolest clothes at Pitti Uomo 85 will be awarded through an online competition. On the occasion of Pitti Uomo there will be also the presentation of the new t-shirts of the Giro D’Italia 2014 and the new jacket “La Gazzetta dello Sport” by City Time.